Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rmaxfield
Frequent Visitor

How to keep total values in bar chart

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to keep my total values visible in a bar chart when I apply filters. In this photo, my bar charts have no filters applied. 

No filters appliedNo filters applied

In the photo below, I applied a filter. All inapplicable responses are removed from the display.

Filter appliedFilter applied

I would like to be able to select a filter and still see a comparison to the total responses, as it appears when I click on one of the bars in the bar chart. Does anyone know how this might be possible?

What I want it to look like when a filter is appliedWhat I want it to look like when a filter is applied

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmaxfield ,

When a slicer is selected, related visualizations are displayed with the data selected by the slicer, which cannot be achieved as you say to keep other raw data, you can refer to the following link:

Showing totals and slicer selections in bar chart - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: How to get slicer to highlight bar chart elements,... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmaxfield ,

When a slicer is selected, related visualizations are displayed with the data selected by the slicer, which cannot be achieved as you say to keep other raw data, you can refer to the following link:

Showing totals and slicer selections in bar chart - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: How to get slicer to highlight bar chart elements,... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors