Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chat_peters
Helper III
Helper III

How to create a dataflow or a dataset in the service using 100 reports published to the service

Hello,

I have about 100 versions of the same data model and the same report (we use the workspace isolation model) in a power BI premium workspace. I want to know if I can combine these datasets to create a dataflow or a dataset so I can create a simple report in the service. 

On a another note if there is workspace isolation how do we get the data out to do advance analytics. Does this mean we will have to go back to the original datasource before workspace isolation happened and go through clean and transform all over again. Basically what I am asking is how do we combine the data in different workspaces because this data is already cleaned and transformed.

Can someone shed some light on this topic? Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@chat_peters Well, in theory you could connect to the Analytics endpoint for each semantic model and import them all into a new semantic model appending them all together.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

@chat_peters Sure, I demonstrated how to do this in a recent video. Wasn't really the topic of the video but I did show how to do it. You can certainly do it in Desktop. Not sure about the Service. I *think* you could do it in either a dataflow or a semantic model. The video shows the semantic model approach. But, then you could just copy the M code generated and paste it into a dataflow so either should work.

Latest book!:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chat_peters
Helper III
Helper III

@Greg_Deckler thank you for the response. Do you happen to have any article that can guide me on how to do this. Also can I do the whole thing on the premium workspace? Also would I need to use a dataset or dataflow

@chat_peters Sure, I demonstrated how to do this in a recent video. Wasn't really the topic of the video but I did show how to do it. You can certainly do it in Desktop. Not sure about the Service. I *think* you could do it in either a dataflow or a semantic model. The video shows the semantic model approach. But, then you could just copy the M code generated and paste it into a dataflow so either should work.

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler perfect! I'll try this and let you know how it goes! Thank you so much 🙂

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@chat_peters Well, in theory you could connect to the Analytics endpoint for each semantic model and import them all into a new semantic model appending them all together.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors