Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

redalert787
Helper II
Helper II

How to create a YTD button & Period filter

Hello, 

I have a finance report and with a filter for the months of the year. 

I would like to add a horizontal filter where the user can choose YTD (the finished months of the year) and a button for "period" which is the ongoing open month. 

The table for the months looks like the below (i use the field "month so short")

redalert787_0-1694099163851.png

Could you help me identify the easiest way to create a button for 'YTD' & 'period'. For example, at the moment YTD would filter from Jan to Aug, and period would filter for Sep. 

merci

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @redalert787 

Before all, are you using a Date Table? Your Month Table doesn't look like it. Time Intelligence functions are more accurate when using Date Table(with no gaps).

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Thanks @ribisht 

Unfortunately, the videos on time intelligence don't answer exactly what I am lookingfor since the date table that I update is manual and therefore sometimes the MTD will not exactly be based on todays date. 

My request for the moment was actually much more simple: how can I have the same tab "MTD", "QTD", "YTD", but filtering on the month table that I have copied above. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors