Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to clone the powerbi dashboards & reports to lower environment

Hi All,

we have dedicated Powerbi subscription and being treated as production environment and all dashboards and reports were directly created in production environment from the scratch. Since there is no lower environment , there are difficulties to implement and test any new requirements.

What should be our approach here to clone dashboards and reports from production to lower environment (new subscription will be created)

Thanks

Guru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

which licencing model you have? May be the new deployment piplines are a good solution for your problem?

Link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/introducing-power-bi-deployment-pipelines-preview/

Otherwise I would create seperate Workspaces with tags DEV/TEST/PROD :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

KBO's suggestion is great. In addition,  you may use REST API and Power Shell to migrate workspace, see more: Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs: a step-by-step tutorial .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

which licencing model you have? May be the new deployment piplines are a good solution for your problem?

Link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/introducing-power-bi-deployment-pipelines-preview/

Otherwise I would create seperate Workspaces with tags DEV/TEST/PROD :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors