Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

than689
Frequent Visitor

Hiding App Navigation AND top bar menu

Hi all,

I have a Power BI App with a large distribution list, where I want to hide the left-hand Navigation pane AND hide the top bar menu (File, Share, Export).

There are two tricks which seem to be incompatible with each other:

1) Hide all reports in the App except landing page, and in app settings check 'Access to Hidden Content'. This removes the Navigation pane 100%, leaving navigation to my on-canvas url links as desired, but it leaves the top bar menu in place.

2) add url extension '&chromeless=1'. This hides the top bar menu and minimises the Navigation pane, but a grey bar appears below the canvas which allows users to 'Show Navigation' and also takes up space, shrinking the canvas on screen. This happens even after following trick 1).

than689_0-1712751813947.png

How can we hide the top bar menu AND hide the Navigation pane 100% for a clean App experience?

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The cleanest view you can get it's with "&chromeless=1". If you want even cleaner you can't do it by default. The next step would be building your own app or using a software built for embedding to keep the user experience the way you are imaging. There are softwares that can help you just using and not developing power bi embedded (you just need a dedicated capacity and purchase) like www.pibi.cloud

Sadly I haven't seen a better alternative, it's like you say one takes one thing, but at the end you always have one of the bars.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors