Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nana1

Gateway

Hello,

I have two data sources, (SharePoint and Web Query) everything works perfectly fine. I have installed the standard mode gateway and added the data sources. The gateway is running on my machine. I have scheduled a daily refresh for 02:00am. My laptop is off at that time of the morning so the refresh fails as the gateway is offline. Is there a way I can refresh my data in the early hours of the morning and not have the gateway running from my machine?

Nana1_0-1669199706038.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SwayamSinha
Employee
Employee

Install Gateway in another machine which is active during that time ideally a virtual machine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, we raised a support ticket to Power BI support and below is the answer from them. It works for us!!  According to the PBI support, the ETA for the final solution is the last week of January. 
The root cause is the PBI data sources can't be bind to on-premise gateway. 

Below is the workaround which worked for few of the customer :

-> Open the below document and sign in with the power bi account.

Datasets - Bind To Gateway In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

->Enter the dataset id and group id

selina00_0-1674114218182.png

You will get them in the link of dataset. Click on the dataset which you are using.

selina00_1-1674114218194.png

->Then go to manage gateways, open the gateway which you are using , you will see I button then when you click on that you will see gateway object id.

->Then write that gateway object id in the space

selina00_2-1674114218159.png

->Then click on run and check if it runs successfully.

->If it runs successfully , open power bi service and check in manage gateways.

When you are in the "Dataset setting", you will be able to choose gateways(though for the Share Point data source, there is still an "X" in front of it) and config. the scheduled refresh. 

Hope it will help. 

Regards,

Selina

Thank a lot. I will try it. Which is the groupId? At the moment I am using a personal Gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

selina00_0-1674115525709.png

It's what's the first pointer refers to. the text after the "/groups/" and before "/datasets/"

Thanks a lot, I saw vou already wrote it - sorry.

Now there is following message:

{
"error": {
"code": "DMTS_CanNotFindMatchingDatasourceInGatewayError",
"pbi.error": {
"code": "DMTS_CanNotFindMatchingDatasourceInGatewayError",
"parameters": {},
"details": [],
"exceptionCulprit": 1
}
}
}

kagu
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem as you had. Can you explain to me, how I can get the machine Install Gateway working? Thanks in advance

Nana1

I will try this, thanks.

SwayamSinha
Employee
Employee

Install Gateway in another machine which is active during that time ideally a virtual machine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors