Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BillatREM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gateway Error on Newly published Paginated Reports

I am getting the following error when I try to access pagineted reports on our PowerBI Services.  This error only happens on reports published today, all other reports with the same Gateway work fine.

Error Message: Unable to render paginated report

A data source used by this report returned an error. If you continue to experience this error contact the report author or data source owner quoting: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_FeatureNotSupported. Received error payload from gateway service with ID 1998743: No DB connection provider factory for provider 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' has been registered..

The target Gateway does not support the requested feature.

No DB connection provider factory for provider 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' has been registered. 

This report is almost identical to other working reports.  Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @all

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue.You can solve the problem through the following workaround.

1) Delete the report and upload again (do not rewrite/reupload on the existing one),

or

2) Take Over (ownership transfer)

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @all

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue.You can solve the problem through the following workaround.

1) Delete the report and upload again (do not rewrite/reupload on the existing one),

or

2) Take Over (ownership transfer)

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, it is working after delete and publishing rdl file.

So going forward everytime do we need to delete and re-publish rdl for future changes in the report?

Thank you 

B Pavan Kumar

BillatREM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, the issue seems to be fixed.  I deleted the report that was not working from the server and republished and it work correctly now.

mhammersley

If you are using System.Data.SqlClient on .NET Framework you must install the January 2024 update(s) for .NET Framework. The problem stems from a Windows update: January 9, 2024-KB5034274 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 21H2.  The server that is hosting your PBI gateway must be updated as well.

See: https://msrc.microsoft.com/update-guide/vulnerability/CVE-2024-0056

Restart all instances or the problem may persist.

JohnSRC

It appears that our reports are functioning as expected now. For verification, we have republished a report under a different name, or alternatively, deleted an old report and republished it

Jacob_dong
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

I think they fixed the issue. 

I deleted the report in the workspace, and published again. The report is working now. 

Thanks Microsoft team !

ppetersen

I was getting the same error, glad I found this thread. Based on what a few other people said on this thread, I tried saving the .rdl file as a new file/name, then published to Power BI as a new name. This worked. When I tried to just overwrite my old Power BI report, it would not work. So one key may be to go to new file name in both the .rdl and the published report.

r_i_c_k
Regular Visitor

Getting the same error

I have found it seems to be more tied to the gateway connection. I update the report that uses an older gateway and the report runs. Same server, different databases and different data. We created this new connection yesterday to create reports for the other database on the same server. The connections again point to the same sql server and use the same gateway which is running on a single server internally.

rk239911
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing this issue as well. This error is affecting business critical deliverables - hoping this is high priority in the troubleshooting for the Microsoft prod team 

rk239911_0-1706189476904.png

Reports are working as of 10AM EST for us.

Thanks!!

amorrison2152

We are experiencing the same issue.  We've even tried copying & pasting an existing report within the same workspace.  The original report works, but the copied & pasted report returns with this error. 

As with most here, this is causing issues with workflows and our ability to provide data support to end users.  We need this resolved soon.

Ewan_Keys
Frequent Visitor

I get a very similar error message, hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon as it does not inspire end user confidence.

Ewan_Keys_0-1706167865365.png

aggiegirltx

I just tried deleting the rdl from the workspace and republishing. Still getting the same error.  Hoping that we will see a resolution soon.  We are due to publish some urgent reports. 

suju

Hi Guys,

I had similar issue till yesterday and its working fine for me now. Please try publishing the report once againg after deleting the older version in the workspace.

DavidAllan
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, was very surprised to have hit a new and active problem. I should be a lottery ticket 🙂

Yes we all should be lottery ticket winners.

So much for Microsofts QA process.

danielgoodwill
Frequent Visitor

I submitted a ticket to Microsoft yesterday and had a call with support this morning. They said this is a known issue and the product team was working on a solution. Hopefully this is resolved soon. 

The latest publishes I have done this morning look to be working now.  If it isn't working for everyone, MS might be rolling out the fix by region.

Ours is still not working.  Tried a few minutes ago.  

Now getting issues from developers they can't publish anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors