Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

peter_grenier

Free license users able to access reports in a workspace

I am a premium license user that has created reports and have provided access to free license holders as Viewers.  Some can access the reports and some receive a pop-up to upgrade to a pro/premium license.  What is going on here?

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

Free licenses users can only view reports in Premium Capacity workspaces if they have access rights.

They cannot access data or workspaces that are Pro or Premium Per user. If some free users are, it is because they have the 30/60 day trial versions of the PPU license MS gives to everyone when they get their first license. That access will go a way at the end of the trial and they will be locked to Premium Capacity workspaces/Power BI Apps only.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors