Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mallesh30

Facing metadata issue after creating shortcut to adlsgen2

Hi all,

I am loading data from data verse to adlsgen2 using azure synapse link and trying to create a shortcut to my adlsgen2 from my lakehouse and loading the files.But while loading the files as table in fabric the table doesn't contain any metadata(column names) and it is loading as co,c1....etc as all the metadata in adls is getting stored under model.json file.

Can anyone please help with this issue if there is a way to create a shortcut to adls gen2 and load the file with metadata including and if there is no way what are the other options I can use to solve this issue

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mallesh30 ,

Regarding your question, perhaps you can refer to the following article to see if there is an error in any of the steps.

Create an Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 shortcut - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Hi @v-zhouwen-msft ,

Thanks for replying,there is no error while establishing the shortcut from fabric to adls gen2,the issue is we have created an azure synapse link to load data from d365/dataverse to our adlsgen2 storage with incremental updates and append "on" and trying to create a shortcut to access the adlsgen2 files.All the metadata is automatically getting created under a seperate file called model.json in adls loc due to which the shortcut is not able to pick the metadata for the files I am referring and loading it as c0,c1,c2...etc for column names

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors