Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

plshlp
Advocate I
Advocate I

Fabric 60 days trial but no access to items

Hello,
I've spent most of the day trying to get access to Fabric Items, with a new tenant and trial.

Trial Status: 59 days left, users can create Fabric items: Enabled for the entire organization.

I've tried with several new tenants,  and my developer account and I always get the same message:

"To create a Lakehouse/Notebook/Spark Job Definition/data warehouse/etc, you need a free Microsoft Fabric trial capacity. Unfortunately, your Microsoft tenant has reached the maximum number of available free trial capacities."

I don't understand why I would the message "..reached the maximum number of available free trial capacities" when I'm just getting started.
Is there something, I'm overlooking?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
plshlp
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, Fabric community,

Here is a new update from the Power BI team:
"The trial is paused until after the New Year. You can retry after the first week of 2024."

Happy Holidays!

Gwen

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
z3r0
Regular Visitor

Hi all

Anyone is facing issuee " Unfortunately, your Microsoft tenant has reached the maximum number of available free trial capacities. " when doing excercise in AI Skills Challenge: Fabric Analytics Engineer. 

May I know how to resolve them ?

Thanks a lot

BohdanH

I still have the problem. I have a test tenant with a VisualStudio Ultimate Azure subscription. Today I activated a trial of Azure Fabric for this tenant. But I only have access to the usual PowerBI functions, but not to Fabrik. I can't swith view to data_fabric expirience. I want to test an integration scenario with an application that is deployed on my test tenant, but I can't do it.

Upd. As it turned out, the problem is that the region is Poland. And I don’t see a way out of this situation, since it is impossible to change the region for PowerBI. It's a shame.

stephiemomo
Frequent Visitor

Je suis surrexité de le dire. 
ça fonctionne à nouveau. 
L'essai de Microsoft Fabric est à nouveau disponible, je viens juste de le tester et ça marche pour moi. 
Bonne chance à tous pour pour la suite de vos apprentissage, découverte et tests 😉.

It's working again. The Microsoft Fabric trial is available again; I just tested it, and it works for me. Good luck to everyone for the continuation of your learning, discovery, and testing😉.

stephiemomo_0-1704556998378.png

Yes, it is working!
Thank you for letting us know.

Fleschgordon

i tried it yesterday and for me it still not working. i have power bi pro and activated the trial. i get the message:
"Unfortunately, your Microsoft tenant has reached the maximum number of available free trial capacities."

does anybody know if microsoft is working on a solution on that and when we can expect this ?

ianconversation

I spent 24 hours messing with this and finally found this thread. Argh 😣

newtofab
Regular Visitor

Any update on activating the trail for Microsoft Fabrics

plshlp
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, Fabric community,

Here is a new update from the Power BI team:
"The trial is paused until after the New Year. You can retry after the first week of 2024."

Happy Holidays!

Gwen

Ah Ok, 
Je comprends mieux! 
J'ai rencontré le même problème et je viens d'y passer toute la matinée. 
Je reste à l'écoute, je suis impatiente de réessayer🤗 ! 

Je suis surrexité de le dire. 
ça fonctionne à nouveau. 
L'essai de Microsoft Fabric est à nouveau disponible, je viens juste de le tester et ça marche pour moi. 
Bonne chance à tous pour pour la suite de vos apprentissage, découverte et tests 😉.

It's working again. The Microsoft Fabric trial is available again; I just tested it, and it works for me. Good luck to everyone for the continuation of your learning, discovery, and testing😉.

stephiemomo_0-1704556998378.png

i'm waiting for that

plshlp
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, Fabric community,

@Bashisero @cheresier @RaTheMigty @KristofDMi 
Update:

I was just on a Teams meeting with Microsoft support and a Power BI engineer.
There is an ongoing bug with the Fabric Trial and the Product Team is working on it. They don't have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved.

@ibarrau Thank you for your help.

I'll keep you posted on the updates from the Product Team.

Thanks,
Gwen

KristofDMi
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. No fix found yet.

Bashisero

I'm going through the same problem, I started a Microsoft Learn course but I can't create anything, I set up the tenant configuration as the documentation said but nothing happens and when I go to "capacity settings" everything is empty even though I have already activated the free trial.
Images below related
capacity settings MS.pngFNU LNU.pngTenant.png

cheresier
Frequent Visitor

Chiming in to say that I am in an exact same situation.
Enabled trial:

cheresier_0-1702586595519.png

But when I go to create any of the Fabric objects (lakehouse, pipeline, warehouse), I get the following message:

cheresier_1-1702586659161.png

I tried several different tenants, all of them never used Fabric before, and the behavior is exactly the same.

Creating a new workspace, the Trial option is grayed out:

cheresier_2-1702586766132.png

Looking at capacity settings of the default workspace ("My workspace"), it is grayed out there as well:

cheresier_3-1702586830844.png

In https://portal.office.com/account, I see the following license being assigned:

cheresier_5-1702587505476.png

Could it be that the free trial license created according to the instructions provided at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/get-started/fabric-trial no longer includes all of Fabric features, and is now only limited to those three products (Power BI, Exchange Foundation, Purview Discovery)?

Same experience.  I created another demo tenant, but unfortunately, I received the same message.  I tried with and without the pro license. Something peculiar is going on with the trial.

Very frustrating!

Interesting. I didn't test it exactly with a free user, I have pro. It probably will only create content with a PRO account like Premium. Free can view, but pro are the users that can create. I guess Fabric works like that too. You might need a pro trial to test it. I'll try reading more docs but I don't remember seeing an specification for that.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thank you for looking into it! Regarding this bit though: "You might need a pro trial to test it."

It seems that my workspace is set to Pro license (see the screenshot in my previous message). Is that not what you mean?

Hi. I mean the user logged should have pro. If you check your first picture it says Free Account under "License type". The workspace is pro, but the user logged it isn't.

@plshlp  if you have tested this scenario and still not working, I'm not sure what's going on in there. Maybe we should recap the docs to check if the Fabric Trial can be tested by a free user or pro trial.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That's weird. Assuming you have enabled the creation of fabric items for the whole organization at tenant settings. If you already created one (you mention you can see the "59 days left"), you just need to assign the capacity to a workspace to let the pro users members in the workspace create fabric items. 

You can check the considerations of this doc just in case you are missing something: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/get-started/fabric-trial#considerations-and-limitations

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors