Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Exporting Summarized data with live connection not refreshing in Excel

Hello All,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to refresh my Excel file daily on SharePoint with data from Power BI using the live connection. I've tried creating a script and then I have a Power Automate process to refresh the data but it's not working. I hope someone here can help me with this process. Below are images of my Power Automate process and Excel script. And yes, I've already tried posting this on the Power Automate community and looked up the script to run in Excel but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nleuck_101_0-1710248154807.png

ExcelScript3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello All,

I used the following script and Power Automate flow to work.

ExcelScript3.png

nleuck_101_0-1711110149276.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello All,

I used the following script and Power Automate flow to work.

ExcelScript3.png

nleuck_101_0-1711110149276.png

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nleuck_101 ,

It is important to note that when using a live connection in Power BI, the data is not stored in Power BI. This means that the data in the Excel file on SharePoint needs to be updated in the source to be reflected in Power BI through the live connection.

You can refer to below document:

Refresh a semantic model created from an Excel workbook - cloud - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Connect Excel to Power BI semantic models - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-kongfanf-msft 

I think you misunderstand. I'm not connecting this data to Power BI. I'm exporting the data from Power BI to Excel using the export data and live connection. My Power BI data is connected to SQL Server that refreshes everyday. I export that data to Excel but need it to refresh everyday. My Power BI report refreshes but it's not refreshing the Excel data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors