Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RogerKirk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export to PDF - random pages not showing up

We've just started having an issue where we export reports to PDF and find that random pages are showing up with the message 'This content isn't available.'

We can export the same report several times and different pages may show this error, while those which previously had the error will then display fine. It appears to be very random!

Multiple users are reporting this issue across our business when they try and export reports.

Any ideas on a fix for this? All was fine until the last couple of days and nothing should have changed in the report since it was last working. I've tried to read online to see if anyone else is having the issue and for potential fixes, but cannot find anything relevant.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @all

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Update:

We have deployed the fix on 2/7/2024. please retry to see if the problem persists. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Update:

We have deployed the fix on 2/7/2024. please retry to see if the problem persists. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

We've stress tested this (a 40+ page PowerPoint exported every ten minutes for almost 24 hours, through Power Automate) and haven't seen errors in any of the exports. Thanks for getting it sorted.

pacifist
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft has released the fix into our region and it appears to be resolved. We need to run few more tests.

mcumis
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi, thought it worth posting here that there is a thread on the Power Automate forum which goes into more detail about this problem.

The short version is that it's a global problem, and appears to be related to the Power BI REST API, not any specific reports or visuals.

Re: Power BI / Power Automate "This content isn't ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @all

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

From power BI online I have a workaround that is a little time consuming but enables me to export without any missing pages on the first try. The workaround is to click on each report tab and wait a few seconds before exporting the whole report to powerpoint. 

Hi, Is there an ETA from Microsoft for resolving this issue?

Hi, Same issue here but using the Action "Export from Power BI" into PNG for email screenshots. I can't pinpoint which PBI tabs are missing as this is very random.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi, 

Same issue here.

Some random pages come out blank with the "Content unavailable" message. 

Would be great to have an update. 

I raised a ticket with the Mictosoft support and they suggested me to delete and re-set up all my subscriptions... I doubt it makes any difference.

Best,
Simone

Hi,

Do we have any update on this? We still have random pages missing saying content unavailable.

Many thanks!

Heidi

Hi Team,

This is still an ongoing issue for us - any ETA or update?

Thanks

Hi Ailsa,

Wondering if this is getting looked at, I am still experiencing this 5th of Feb 2024.

Warm regards,

Rosily

pacifist
Helper I
Helper I

We are experiencing the same problems in our tenant. We have raised the support ticket with MS.

@pacifist what did you get from the ticket? I only got told to delete and re-set all my subscriptions...

You can imagine that I am not doing it as I have 50+ subs with 200+ users.

Let me know,

S

Not much, only that they are looking into this.

Hi, I have been experiencing this issue for pdf, png reports exported via Power Automate cloud action. Is there any recommended workaround for Power Automate cloud to mitigate this issue?

seems like MS has released the patch. it appears to be working in our tenant however we need to do more tests.

Andymeyer
Frequent Visitor

I continue to have the same issues every morning. Random pages not working.  Is Microsft working on a fix for this?   My mornings are no longer peaceful. Just full of angry emails about the reports not working. lol any help would be greatly appreciated. 

dc_rushbrook
Regular Visitor

Same here in my org, exactly as users here have described. It started about a week ago for me, but it has got worse this week, every report now will have at least one blank page and it'll be a different page each time.

Andymeyer
Frequent Visitor

My organization is having the same issue. It started on Monday, January 29th.

I use the Power BI Subscription to send out morning PDF reports automatically. I have done this for over a year with no issues, but now random pages on the report are blank with the text " This content isn't available. Learn more about Power BI". It is completely random what pages get it each morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a lot of customers that use the reports.

Thank you! 

Andrew 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors