Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

crispypork
Frequent Visitor

Export failed Export failed because the report was opened using Azure Private Link.

Hi all, 

I'm just running into trouble with exporting data from a paginated report visual in a Power BI report. 

When I tried to export to excel, PDF or any options from the paginated toolbar, the below error pops up. 

crispypork_1-1672811569299.png

crispypork_0-1672811449987.png

If I open the paginated report directly from the service, I can export the data without any issues. 

Tried to research online but couldn't really find any useful info. Could someone please help? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Ynr0225
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @crispypork ,

May i know what is the data source you have connected and build paginated report

Thanks in advance!

rfvanecek
Frequent Visitor

No, new issue, never worked for us. 

The export feature on the stand alone paginated report works fine, same error when trying to export from the embedded object on a power bi report. 

Please let me know if you find anything out.

Microsoft support got back and advised the below workaround: 

If you have tenant admin account, go to the admin portal - Azure private link - then disable it. This takes about 5-15 minutes for the change to take effect and then export starts working.  

crispypork_0-1672959754158.png

BTW you can temporarily work around this by passing parameters via a URL string to the published paginated report.  It's an extra click for the user but at least gives them a formatted print option while you work to resolve the primary issue.

rfvanecek
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same issue.

I just raised a ticket with MS and guess they need to do some investigation. 

BTW do you just start experiencing this issue recently and the export feature works fine before? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors