Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

patlopes
Frequent Visitor

Enforce Watermark from Shared Dataset

Hi, 

I have a shared Dataset build on SQL server, that is shared with several users to build and share their own reports in PBI Service. 

I have one request to somehow enforce some type of tag/watermark to all PBI reports built on this Dataset. Is there any way to achieve  it ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. No you can't. I'm not sure why they would ask for that because the permission are by user, so you can know who opens what. The only approach could be generating a pbix file connected to the dataset with a template that has loaded a picture for the background with the watermark. However it can be manually removed.

Maybe if you explain us what's the reason behind the watermark we could suggest a closer solution.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
patlopes
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibarrau,

not exactly what I was looking for, but thank you for your support. 

patlopes
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibarrau, 

Thank you for your answer. 

The Owners of the Dataset are not creating the reports, and often the source is not sitted on them. The requirement is to have some sort of complusory notice in the reports that allow End Users to reach Dataset owners. 

If there any way to achieve it ?

I'm not following the idea 😞
You can build datasets that can be used by other users in order to build reports from a dataset. The dataset can be shared for them or even tagged as promoted for users in the organization to find it.

Each time an end user wants to connect a dataset, they will see a list of available ones and the owners.

Just in case I'm talking about this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-across-workspaces

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. No you can't. I'm not sure why they would ask for that because the permission are by user, so you can know who opens what. The only approach could be generating a pbix file connected to the dataset with a template that has loaded a picture for the background with the watermark. However it can be manually removed.

Maybe if you explain us what's the reason behind the watermark we could suggest a closer solution.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors