Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Enable to configure Git integration

I'm trying to configure my azure repo in a PBI workspace.

I have the admin access the workspace and contributor in the ADO project.

My guess is something is missing on the ADO side, but I'm not sure what other permissions 😞

Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 1.22.13 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
matthewsre

I'm having this exact same issue and it's not clear to me why I am able to select the Organization but not see any of my projects. 

@YukiK, were you ever able to figure out what was preventing this on the ADO side?

@Kaviraj11, are you able to provide any clarity on what is needed in ADO for the project to show up after selecting the organization?

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@matthewsreNope. I'm guessing it's the issue somewhere in the ADO project. Still working with the ADO admin and IT to figure this out. The weird thing is, this guy from another department was able to set this up and had been using it in his team.

Kaviraj11
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Could you check the tenant settings? Probably only specific groups might be able to establish the connection.

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If the tenant setting is not enabled, this is the kind of error I get. So, I can't even get that error I mentioned in my initial post if the tenant setting for git integration is not enabled.

YukiK_0-1712873545720.png

Kaviraj11
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You will need an Admin to setup the connection to Git 

• Member/Contributor: Once connected to a workspace, a member/contributor can commit and update changes, depending on their Azure DevOps role. For actions related to the workspace connection (for example, connect, disconnect, or switch branches) seek help from an Admin.Git integration process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

According to the documentation you listed, I should be able to assign a repo to a workspace since I'm the workspace admin and have an ADO contributor role with read access. 

I wonder what exactly is missing that gives me that error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors