Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cwmichael
Frequent Visitor

Embed Error: Impersonation is not supported for SSO enabled models.

Hi all -- I hope someone can help with this unusual error!

We are embedding Power BI reports in an iframe within an portal hosted by azurewebsites.net and accessed by Azure AD.

I can upload, view, and refresh the reports within the Power BI Service, however when I access the report via the portal I receive an error:

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Underlying Error: Impersonation is not supported for SSO enabled models.

I've tried searching for this error with no luck -- can anyone help me with what's going on here?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cwmichael 

For the connection in your Power BI Report, it is currently set to enabled SSO (Single Sign On), make sure to remove the tick marks as shown below.

GilbertQ_0-1681163794885.png

The reason that it is happening is because it is trying to use Single Sign On to authenticate and that is why it is failing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amirshiloh
Advocate I
Advocate I

image.pngduring the last 48 hours i got either the following error - i have model which in use as embedding Power BI reports, with RLS :

ObjectdetailedMessage: "Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again."errorCode: undefinedlevel: 6message: "ExplorationContainer_FailedToLoadModel_DefaultDetails"technicalDetails: errorInfo: Array(15)0: {key: 'Underlying Error', value: 'Impersonation is not supported for SSO enabled models.'}1: {key: 'Activity ID', value:

cwmichael
Frequent Visitor

Great, that solved it -- thank you Gilbert!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cwmichael 

For the connection in your Power BI Report, it is currently set to enabled SSO (Single Sign On), make sure to remove the tick marks as shown below.

GilbertQ_0-1681163794885.png

The reason that it is happening is because it is trying to use Single Sign On to authenticate and that is why it is failing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

axk
Frequent Visitor

What if I cannot find this SSO setting? 

cbaski
Regular Visitor

I don't see SSO option either. How did you resolve your issue?

axkuu
Frequent Visitor

We finally got it to work by using older version of report and by changing workspace permission to MEMBER for service principal

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors