Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SusanRay
Helper I
Helper I

Drill through not working in embedded URL report

In the Power BI desktop, I have created a report that has a left-click drill-through from one sheet to another. When I publish this to Power BI online, the drill-through continues to work. However, when I share the report as an embed code, I do not have the option to drill-through.

Is there a step or setting I need to take to enable drill-throughs in an embedded URL report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SusanRay ,

In embedded URL, only the use of right-click drilling is supported.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SusanRay
Helper I
Helper I

@v-tianyich-msft,

Thank you for your response. However, my problem is with a Left-click drill through.  I cannot use the right-click because I need the viewer to be able to drill through from the row label rather than a sub-part of a stacked bar.

screen samplescreen sample

When I publish this to Power BI online, the drill-through continues to work. However, when I share the report as an embed code, I do not have the option to drill through.

Is there a step or setting I need to take to enable drill-throughs in an embedded URL report?

Hi @SusanRay ,

In embedded URL, only the use of right-click drilling is supported.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SusanRay ,

I made the attempt and this seems to be no problem. Have you tried right clicking to see it.

vtianyichmsft_0-1701943174719.png

vtianyichmsft_2-1701943200780.png

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors