Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

danielpaduck
Helper III
Helper III

Download Matrix But Retain Formatting

Hello - 

I have seen several posts about this but I don't think there has been a solution. Essentially, I have a  Matrix that my user wants to download as Excel/CSV but retain its formatting. Thus, the user does not want to play around with Power Pivot not does the user want the summarized or detail data because the formatting is lost.  This is something really simple out of Tableau but for Power BI it has been a giant mountain to overcome.  

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielpaduck ,

For the moment, it is not possible to download and print the matrix visual in a custom format directly. Only the data used in matrix visual can be exported to a csv file. The best thing to try is to use the "Analysis in excel" feature and then view and interact with them using PivotTables, charts, slicers, and other Excel features.

For more details, you can read related document link:

Analyze in Excel for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vhenrykmstf_0-1633418704998.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielpaduck ,

For the moment, it is not possible to download and print the matrix visual in a custom format directly. Only the data used in matrix visual can be exported to a csv file. The best thing to try is to use the "Analysis in excel" feature and then view and interact with them using PivotTables, charts, slicers, and other Excel features.

For more details, you can read related document link:

Analyze in Excel for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vhenrykmstf_0-1633418704998.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

It is so strange that Microsoft will not address this simple request.  It has been on their 'table' for a long time it seems.  My user simple refuses to Power Pivot and wants to go back to Tableau.  

Thanks!

Hi @danielpaduck ,

You may wish to post your idea here.

If there are too many votes, Microsoft will officially add this feature in the next update.

Best Regards,
Henry

danielpaduck
Helper III
Helper III

Yeah, none of these options really work. The client is refusing to user Power Pivot (which seems to be the best solution).  Basically, they want what was available in Tableau (just download and print).  There is an option to 'Show As Table' which is what the client wants but I need to download this as a CSV:

danielpaduck_0-1633101506087.png

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Thanks! I will look! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors