Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Don't want client to see list of reports in Workspace

Hi Board,

I have created 6 reports for a client, all published in the Service. Depending on their access level, they can see certain reports in the Application from which the reports are linked.

When they click through to a report, it opens it up in the Service. The issue is, on the LHS toolbar they can then access the Workspace all the reports are kept in and access all 6 of them, even if their access is restricted in the Application.

Have I set this up wrongly, or is there someway I can block them accessing the Workspace via the LHS toolbar?

Thanks! Andrew

naninamu_0-1688445749197.png

4 REPLIES 4
naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Question though - even if I share like that, won't it still open in the Workspace?

No, if you remove them from the workspace first and then give them access using a link, they won't be able to see the other reports in the workspace.

naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Great - thank you for your help, I will have a read!

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @naninamu ,

Instead of giving users access to a workspace, you can share specific reports with them by sharing a report link.

Please check this microsoft article on sharing for more information on how to share reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors