Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PremaBoddeda
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Indian accounting notation (Lakhs and crores) in Power BI service

Hi All,

I would like to show the amount in Indian Accounting notation i.e.,Lakhs and Crores. I am able to see in Indian Accounting Notation in Power BI Desktop, but after publishing in PowerBI Service I can see it in International Notation. I even tried in Tabular Editor 3. It is working fine in desktop but not in service. Please let me know how to solve this!

f04966ff-0ced-46b7-b9e8-d38c93959402.png                              IN SERVICEIN SERVICE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi PremaBoddeda. Power Bi tends to read the language of the browser and use it for formatting dates, numbers, etc. That might be the reason of the change of the local notation at power bi desktop against the cloud. You can try changing the region settings at the power bi desktop file. If it doesn't work you can also try changing the language at service. You can get there with dataset settings and then move to the "General" tab to check the language settings. One of those should work y guess.

ibarrau_0-1660652368532.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi PremaBoddeda. Power Bi tends to read the language of the browser and use it for formatting dates, numbers, etc. That might be the reason of the change of the local notation at power bi desktop against the cloud. You can try changing the region settings at the power bi desktop file. If it doesn't work you can also try changing the language at service. You can get there with dataset settings and then move to the "General" tab to check the language settings. One of those should work y guess.

ibarrau_0-1660652368532.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors