Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ama209
Frequent Visitor

Date x-axis changes when uploading to power bi sevice

I have a report that shows monthly data (in the Sept 2022 format) in power bi desktop. Once I publish to PowerBI service, the date axis looks like its been change to a categorical data type. I have tried clearing the cache, refreshing the data, and republishing. Nothing has worked. I have also tried editing the report in power bi servie, but for some reason, I do not have the option to change from categorical to continuous data types in power bi service. Has anyone run into a similar issue and resolved it?bi community1.PNGbi community2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ama209 

If you delete the reports and republish from Desktop to Service , is the displayed date the same as the Desktop?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Hi @Alisa , unfortunately, deleting and republishing did not resolve the issue. Still searching for a long-term fix, but I've outlined an effective short-term fix, although not suited for all reporting situations.

Here is the link to the post:

Re: Recent change in X-axis behaviour to continuou... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see this post on how to replicate this bug, it is a bug.

X Axis continuous to categroical bug on publish - ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant speak for this person, but i have the same issue. i tried to delete the report and republish and it did not help

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors