Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danny_oneill
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dataset security for Publish to web (Public)

Hi, I am after some advice for a report which will be published to the web public (as in anyone can view it).

The report will have exporting of data disabled as well as visuals having the header icons disabled. Is it still possible for someone to see the underlying dataset?

More on this particular dataset.

The dataset potentially could contain personal info. Names, postcodes, other details. However the visual just presents a count of some of these values. No visual contains any personal information. But its present in the dataset. Reason is internally a the report is used by operations to peform actions on a granular level, but a version for the public is just high level info (Postcode is modelled up to a region).

I know using the browser developer tools its possible to view the schema and metadata on the dataset. But not finding much about if the dataset itself is accessible.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@danny_oneill I'm not aware of any way to access the underlying data in a Publish to Web report. You can test it out using the Quick Measures Gallery or Data Stories Gallery.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@danny_oneill I'm not aware of any way to access the underlying data in a Publish to Web report. You can test it out using the Quick Measures Gallery or Data Stories Gallery.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors