Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AnitaL

Dataset refresh on PBI Service doesn't update data

Hi,

recently, we started to face a problem with dataset refresh. Namely, we have a daily refresh schedule, and all worked fine, but at some point in time, the dataset stopped refreshing, i.e. it doesn't update the data anymore. Every time, the schedule succeeds, and we get the message with Status - Completed, but data are actually not updated, as shown in the image below:

AnitaL_0-1669043923732.png

The dataset is based on import mode, and data are imported from an on-prem SQL Server. Data can be refreshed in PBI Desktop without no issues, but once the dataset is uploaded to Service, we have issues as described above.

Can you please advise us on what to do?

Thank you!

Anita

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnitaL ,

According to my research, it seems to be a common issue especially when the dataset is large and has multiply connections.

I suggest that you can try to reload the pbix file to workspace and then configure the scheduled refresh again.

Solved: Scheduled Refresh Succeeds but Data Won't Update - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Dataset shows as refreshed in the Service but data... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Or you can open a support ticket to find the root cause of this problem.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors