Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow refresh error

I have a dataflow in a Workspace that gives me the following error message when I try to refresh it. It used to work fine but after using the dataflows in this workspace for a few days, most of the dataflows are giving me this error except a couple. 

ErrorMessage:"Refresh has failed unexpectedly. This indicates in most cases an out of memory issue in your capacity. Please check the capacity configuration metrics and try again."}

As a test, I recreated this dataflow in a different Workspace and it worked fine and gave me no error. This particular dataflow fetches data from an excel file on sharepoint and there's only 20-30 rows in the file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remove the affected workspace from the capacity and add it back in.  There's a known incompatibility between dataflows and the Gen 2 service .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remove the affected workspace from the capacity and add it back in.  There's a known incompatibility between dataflows and the Gen 2 service .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, workspace was the culprit. 

I created a new workspace, exported dataflows as JSON files and imported them into the new workspace and I don't get any silly error messages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors