Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Pieter_NL
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow gen2 error: Something went wrong while loading required resources.

When trying to create a dataflow gen2 I get an error:

Pieter_NL_0-1714652353606.png

If I fill in the fields the error stays. Anyone has an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EDIT 2: Okay, I refreshed my browser and the fix I describe below works again. 

EDIT: I jumped the gun - this definitely fixed my issue for a very short period, while I wrote this post essentially. But now the error is back? 

Helllo @v-yaningy-msft and @Pieter_NL,

I was initially replying here to echo the error that was posted. I was getting the same error and could not find much useful information so I hope this is helpful. I had the "ConnectionsInScope" error for most data sources like SQL Server and Sharepoint, but when I tried importing an Excel Workbook, I had a much more violent error that I found described in this post (link to similar post w/ solution).

Credit to user PaulHayes in that thread for discovering (or at least posting) that enabling the Gen1 Dataflow setting in the Admin Portal solves our issue. It appears that you need Gen1 dataflows enabled to use Gen2 dataflows. That makes mixed sense to me - but when I enabled this I no longer had issues connecting to datasources in Gen2 dataflows. 

chrisg272_0-1715617576066.png

Hope this helps you and others. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pieter_NL
Frequent Visitor

Tried all that, doesn't work.  I have a trial capacity on the workspace I'm creating this dataflow gen2 in.

v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Pieter_NL 

Based on your description, you can try the following ways to solve the problem.

1. Ensure that your workspace is associated with an active Fabric capacity or a Fabric trial capacity. Dataflow Gen2 requires sufficient resources to operate correctly.
Differences between Dataflow Gen1 and Dataflow Gen2 - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
2. Try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

EDIT 2: Okay, I refreshed my browser and the fix I describe below works again. 

EDIT: I jumped the gun - this definitely fixed my issue for a very short period, while I wrote this post essentially. But now the error is back? 

Helllo @v-yaningy-msft and @Pieter_NL,

I was initially replying here to echo the error that was posted. I was getting the same error and could not find much useful information so I hope this is helpful. I had the "ConnectionsInScope" error for most data sources like SQL Server and Sharepoint, but when I tried importing an Excel Workbook, I had a much more violent error that I found described in this post (link to similar post w/ solution).

Credit to user PaulHayes in that thread for discovering (or at least posting) that enabling the Gen1 Dataflow setting in the Admin Portal solves our issue. It appears that you need Gen1 dataflows enabled to use Gen2 dataflows. That makes mixed sense to me - but when I enabled this I no longer had issues connecting to datasources in Gen2 dataflows. 

chrisg272_0-1715617576066.png

Hope this helps you and others. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors