Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pbi_nh
Frequent Visitor

DataSource.Error message

Hi,

I am getting this error message when connecting to a SharePoint site's library. Have never encourntered this error before. This table was working fine and did not do any changes to cause this random error. It ispreventing me from applying changes on other tables i have worked on. 

"DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: The property 'SensitivityLabelToEncryptOnDownloadForLibrary' does not exist on type 'SP.List'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SharePoint
DataSourcePath= https://MyCompany.sharepoint.com /sites/MyTeam" 

I've adjusted the DataSourcePath for privacy and for formatting this post

9 REPLIES 9
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I struck something similar around the same time for one Power BI scheduled refresh of a semantic model.  It runs weeknights PST, and failed for a few hours starting 3/28/2024, 2:21:44 AM UTC.

A few hours later, I tried refreshing using Power BI Desktop, which ran smoothly.

The next web service scheduled refresh completed successfully.

I suspect this was a botched release of some buggy code to their web service, since quietly rolled back.

Ashley_Helms
Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same error but only intermittedly. It's really strange and it's on datasources that I've had connected to PowerBI for two plus years from Sharepoint

Exactly, after getting this error non-stop yesterday, everything was working as usual this morning and I have no idea why.

On my end, I've noted that this issue coincided with an Office365 update in our organisation. Food for thought...

Mine randomly went back and fixed itself. I'm thinking this was a bug that was quietly fixed. 

Mine also randomly went away.. I just kept refreshing after every few hours. Still not sure why this was caused

Gwasp

Likewise, having the same issue, has anyone found a solution?

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

If you step up through your applied steps and find the first step that gets the error, you can likely update the the step to remove the reference to this field. There may have been a change on the source library where it is looking for something that no longer exists. Usually it's the "change type" steps that do it, because they get added automatically when you connect and reference the fields by field name. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @pbi_nh 

I would suggest checking with your network or security administrator to see if they have enabled sensitivity labels.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I am having the same issue. I know sensitivity lables were imminent. How can I deal with this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors