Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source error

Hi All,

i have a report includeing 2 data sources - sql DB and an Excel file.

when i am trying to refresh the data or share my report with other people in my oganization i get this error:

Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d06055c9-41bc-4967-9f10-924c42c7c191
Request ID: 81d6ebb3-1305-29b1-245f-474ff3842867
Time: 2021-11-03 11:40:26Z

I tried to delete the dataset from power bi and then reload it again from Desktop,

thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Instead of the datasources having credentials in the service, also in the settings, can you check the gateway connection?  If you connect to the datasource and create the report in Power BI desktop and then publish to the service, sources like Excel and SQL will have to be bound to a gateway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

idanconley_0-1635941925274.png

its disable for me, do you know why?

Instead of the datasources having credentials in the service, also in the settings, can you check the gateway connection?  If you connect to the datasource and create the report in Power BI desktop and then publish to the service, sources like Excel and SQL will have to be bound to a gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

but now when i shared the report people cant open it and get this:

idanconley_0-1635945512860.png

jennratten
Super User
Super User

This error message is telling you to add credentials for datasources on your dataset (in the Power BI Service) for the report that you published.

To do this, go to the workspace where the report is published.  For the dataset (not the report itself), click the three dots and choose Settings.  Then go to Datasource Credentials and update each item listed. 

jennratten_0-1635940911910.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors