Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data labels disappear when report is published

Hi, I have made this report in powerbi desktop, added some data labels and when I publish the same report into my workspace and I try to view it in powerbi service, those data labels just disappear. Is this a bug? Anyone know how to solve this? 

What I see in PowerBi Desktop:

killjoy_0-1689946703821.png

What i see on powerbi service

killjoy_2-1689946784046.png

6 REPLIES 6
AgTooOldForThis
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. It is with a custom Data Label Value based on a Field. I never had problems with this before , but for some reason it displays correctly on desktop but does display at all (or as count and not text) after publishing. If this was resolved, I would appreciate knowing what was done to resolve. Thanks

I resolved the issue by reverting the desktop version to November 2023, correcting the visual fields, and republishing.

Jitendrav
Frequent Visitor

Still Not Resolved Please Do Urjant

MichaelPaaNii

Hi killjoy, 
not sure if you still have this issue. But I faced the same issue today and saw your post. For me the solution was a simple button (see below). The "Custom Label" needs to be turned off.  

Custom label.png

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I  cannot reproduce the bug.

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to how the report is being rendered in Power BI Service. One thing you can try is to check the formatting options for the visual that's missing the data labels. You can do this by selecting the visual and then clicking on the Format tab in the Visualizations pane. From there, you can adjust the settings for the visual to see if that resolves the issue.

Or you can try to clear your browser cache or use the edge browser.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I tried what you suggested and the issue persists, I don't know what to do 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors