Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gajinder47
Frequent Visitor

Data Limit and visualizations on Azure Stream Analytics Pushing to Power BI

Hi , 

We are building a solution which requires data to flow in from Azure Stream analytics job to Power BI service. I have few queries regarding these 

1) How much historic data resides in Power BI when connected directly from Stream Analytics Job, from the web I could gather that it takes only 200,000 rows but it also says it stores data only 60 mins is there a cap like 200,000 rows or 60 Mins old data whichever occurs first. 

2) Do we have to create copy of all the cotent pack items (Dataset,Dashboards) before editing. When we share the streaming dataset (Coming from stream analytics) through content packs , can the user use the streaming dataset that comes from the content pack or should we copy the dataset and Dashboards. I have been able to create tiles from the orginal dataset that was in the content pack but the data is not refreshing (streaming) and is stationary. 

Any information will be much appreciated 🙂

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gajinder47,

1) Azure Stream Analytics uses the Power BI REST APIs to create its output data stream to Power BI. The database supporting its push dataset stores 200,000 rows, and after that limit is reached, rows are dropped in a first-in first-out (FIFO) fashion. For more information, see: Using Azure Stream Analytics to push data.

2) Based on my test, if we package the stream dataset from Azure Analytics job and dashboard use content pack, the end user are not able to use the stream dataset to create any dashboard tile. When the end user access the shared dashboard after get content pack, data is streaming in dashboard tiles.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors