Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nuzhi
Frequent Visitor

Data Alerts not being allowed to be set on gauge of dashboard created on Azure Stream Analytics

Hi all,

I have created a gauge visual based on a streaming dataset based on Azure Stream Analytics. I can click on the create alert button, however when I click save the rule does not get saved and it shows as saving without completing.

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

11 REPLIES 11
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Nuzhi

I think you are trying to save a alert that was configured before, right?

If my memory serves me, the Data alert used to work for visuals using a streaming dataset. However it seems that the alert has been removed for those visuals at this moment. I'm trying to contact the product team for  this and would post back if there comes any update.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

Actually for me the option is showing. However the problem lies when I try to create the alert. It shows that the alert is saving but it never completes.

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

Nuzhi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Eric_Zhang ,

Any response with regards to this yet ?  Would appreciate a prompt reply as we are trying to integrate Power BI alerts with Microsoft Flow to send across emails.

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

@Nuzhi

Are you still able to see the alert icon when creating a new tile using streaming dataset? The snapshots in your previous post were broken.

Meanwhile I was just escalating this behavior again and waiting for response.

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

The option is not appearing for me currently, but it was available earlier.

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

@Nuzhi wrote:

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

The option is not appearing for me currently, but it was available earlier.

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

@Nuzhi

Do you have any snapshots for that, as I just got the update from the designer 

That streaming visuals (i.e. those added directly to dashboards via add tile >  custom streaming data) have never supported data alerts.

Data alerts can only be created based on KPI, cards and gauge visuals pinned from reports. You can create a report based on a streaming dataset if you enable the “historic analysis enabled” option. This may be what you’re remembering…

PowerBICapture1.JPGPowerBICapture.JPG

@Nuzhi

Can you make a snapshot of the streaming data tile, it should have a small lightning icon on the left top.

PowerBICapture3.JPG

Thanks for that.

To be more persuasive, could you make two snapshots for comparision? I'd expect to see the alert bell icon in a streaming dataset tile.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

That is one of the problems that I have stated earlier. I had the alert bell option at the time of initially posting this issue. However now it does not appear when I try to configure the settings.

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors