Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

knowlec
Frequent Visitor

Data Activator not working

Hi,

i have a pbi report in a premium trial workspace that i have created a data activator alert on a line chart. the test alert works via email and teams. 

however it doesnt appear to be monitoring the scheduled refesh and sending alerts when the change is detected. 

e.g trigger in data activator:

knowlec_0-1716301453292.png

data in the report:

knowlec_1-1716301473612.png

you can see i have added 2 more datapoints that should have triggered the alert, but data activator is not picking it up.

im reading from a csv file on my pc.

does anyone know a fix? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-jtian-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@knowlec.

I am very sorry to hear that you have set up Data Activator but it is not working.

There are several directions we can explore to resolve this issue:

1. Try to reconfigure the trigger a little bit

You can refer to the following reply
Simpler "Set Alert" command replaces "Trigger acti... - Microsoft Fabric Community

vjtianmsft_2-1716367910180.png

vjtianmsft_3-1716367910182.png

It's easier to set up alerts in this way

1. Please check whether your report can successfully complete the schedule refresh, please check whether your routing connection is normal or not
  2. Please make sure the trigger is active.

As this feature is still in Preview status, I will keep you informed if there is any notification or update in the coming period.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-jtian-msft 

tahnk you for your reply.

unfortunately changing the trigger does not work. i have it set to detects changes each time but even if i change this to great than/less than, its still not working.

my scheduled refresh is working correctly:

knowlec_1-1716370339224.png

im using a personal gateway and not our enterprise gateway as its reading a csv file from my local machine.,

the trigger is active:

knowlec_0-1716368662682.png

it just doesnt seem to be picking up any new datapoints in the csv file, it loads in all the datapoints when i create the alert, but once the alert is active and there is new data loaded into the model, the trigger doesnt fidn these and therefore, does not send an alert. the new datapoints dont come up in the "data" tab either:

should the data table show the new rows in real-time? 

Hi,@knowlec ,thank you for your replay .
Unfortunately, at this point in time, according to the official documentation: creating alerts from fabricFabric or Power BI Capacity Metrics applications is not supported now.
Here is the limitation of the Data Activator .
Data Activator limitations - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

vjtianmsft_0-1717055723607.png

Currently this feature is still in Preview status, please be patient and we will notify you when the feature can be used normally, thank you for your understanding.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors