Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ewakol
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard with pinned visualizations from a pbi report not updating - Workspace

Hello,

I created Dashboard which has few pinned visualisations from Power BI (report in the same Workspace), using this function:

ewakol_0-1711717163908.png

Dashborad looks like that:

ewakol_1-1711717256126.png

The problem is that the data are updated in Power BI report but on Dashborad they still looks the same.

Even when i tried to refresh them manually from Dahsboart site:

ewakol_2-1711717473436.png

Nothing change.. 

How to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the data are updated in Power BI report 

How? By changing filters?  Those changes will not affect the dashboard tiles.  Dashboards only update when the sematic model refresh has completed successfully.

thank you for reply 🙂

Sematic model is refreshed daily, i dont see any errors, when i goes to Power BI report its udated, but dashboard is not 

When tile is pinned to a dashboard, it will remember the current filtering condition of the visual. Maybe this impacts your tile and that's why you don't see it updated. Once your tile is pinned, only underlying data is updated. You can't update the filtering condition of the visual or how it looks.

Try setup fresh tile and make sure the visual is not filtered. Then, test after a refresh if it was updated.

If you need to point specific datapoint in your visual, like for example Last Month, try including a new column in your table that will return a given value for last month, and include that value as a filtering condition. This must be something stable, that will not be impacted by semantic model refresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors