Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a-kachua
Regular Visitor

Dashboard Disappeared on Power BI Service

Hi,

For some reason, a Dashboard I have created disappeared on the Power BI Service. 

1) How can I investigate what happened or if it was accidentally deleted by others who are part of my Workspace?

2) I have already re-created the Dashboard. Is there a way to change the link so that it will be the same as the original one? I have already shared my original Dashboard with several folks so I don't want them to be alarmed when they try to access the original link and then find that the dashboard no longer exist.

Thanks,

KC

3 REPLIES 3

@a-kachua You could enable the audit logs as you can see who delete's a dashboard. More info here. The link in the original email won't work, but you can just reshare the new dashboard and disable the notification/email to the end users. If they log in to Power BI to see the dashboard they won't realize anything changed just because it is a different URL.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno1978,

Thanks for looking into my query. 

I followed the steps in the link you shared. But under Admin portal, I can only find Premium settings. It's possible that the feature is not available to me as I am based outside the US. 

Do you know if there is an alternative? Or if there is a Power BI support alias that can I ask to help me on this? 

I discovered that another dashboard in the same workspace had also disappeared. So I hope to understand what had happened.

Thanks,

KC

@a-kachua,

Hi KC,

1. Only the admin accounts have the global settings. So please ask your admins to enable audit logs.

2. According to your descriptions, it seems the workspace is an App workspace. Indeed the workspace members can delete the dashboards if the members have edit permission.

You can check the settings of App workspace and the members of it as the picture showed. Only admin can edit the settings while other can view them. 

Dashboard Disappeared on Power BI Service.jpg

BTW, you can submit a support ticket here if you want to. Pro licence is needed.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors