Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ForgotID
Helper I
Helper I

Cross workspaces dataset

I have published a dataset in a workspaces called XYZ how can I access it from another workspaces ABC.

I have premium capasity and the dataset is promoted.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ForgotID 

To access your dataset from another workspace, you have two options:

You can use the Build permission feature to grant access to specific users or groups who can build new content on your dataset. This way, they can connect to your dataset from their own workspaces and create reports based on it.

Solved: How to move a report / dataset to another workspac... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You can copy your report and dataset to another workspace using the REST API and Power Shell. This is a more advanced option that requires some coding skills and admin rights.

Introduction to datasets across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ForgotID 

To access your dataset from another workspace, you have two options:

You can use the Build permission feature to grant access to specific users or groups who can build new content on your dataset. This way, they can connect to your dataset from their own workspaces and create reports based on it.

Solved: How to move a report / dataset to another workspac... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You can copy your report and dataset to another workspace using the REST API and Power Shell. This is a more advanced option that requires some coding skills and admin rights.

Introduction to datasets across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

In the Tenant Admin settings, this needs to be turned on

Brunner_BI_0-1698216290109.png

rks
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi.

From your description it is not clear, at what point you are receiving problems. First, If you want to use the dataset in a report, create a live connection in PowerBI Desktop. Then you can publish this report in any workspace you want.

However, make sure your user has got at least build permissions on the datasets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (894)