Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sasdfasdfsad
Helper II
Helper II

Cross-Report Drillthrough direct query stored procedures?

I have cross-report drillthrough working and it's great.

HOWEVER... can I use this with stored procedures or a parameterized TSQL query in Direct Query mode?

I want to use the cross report drillthrough feature and pass an account ID, but I want my target report to take that Account ID and pass it to the stored procedure to run it in Direct Query Mode.

So I have a normal PBI report with a list of Account IDs, then someone can click on one, Drill Through -->  pick the cross report drill through and then pass that Account ID along so the targer report runs the stored procedure and returns the data for that Account ID.

Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sasdfasdfsad 

Yeah as far as I know when using a stored procedure it does not query fold as expected. You might have to use the TSQL to get this working.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sasdfasdfsad 

As far as I am aware, that should be possible as long as you can pass through the value directly through directly to your store procedure.

Here is an example I have that might help Power Query (M) – Passing Parameters dynamically to a SQL Server Query - FourMoo | Power BI | Data A...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your help.

I was able to get it to work as expected with the TSQL but I can't get it to pass when calling a stored procedure.

What happens is it doesn't make the stored procedure call foldable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors