Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kcool436

Connected metric in scorecard shows undefined

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a metric in my dashboard (this metric shows no issues in the dashboard). It is a product of two other metric of the dashboard (I created it by editing report in bi services by adding new calculation in the card). But when I connect it in my metric, it shows current value as undefined. See in the attached pic below

kcool436_0-1712072701350.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kcool436 ,

According to your instructions, after you connect the indicator to the scorecard, the current value shows as undefined.

There are several common reasons why this happens:

1. If your metrics are based on time series data, make sure that the data contains complete date information (day, month, and year). If only partial date information is available, such as only the day of the week or month, Power BI does not extract the history or current values of the time series data. This may cause the metrics to appear as undefined. More details can be found here:
    Get started with metrics in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  2. To connect the current or target values of a metric to the data in a report, you need the Generate permission for that report. If you lack the necessary permissions, this may prevent the indicator from connecting correctly, resulting in undefined values.
  3. If the semantic model on which the indicator is based is not refreshed regularly, the indicator values may not be updated as expected. Learn more about scheduled refreshes here:
    Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors