Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

binerdy
Frequent Visitor

Configure On-Promises Gateway for Premium workspace

Greetings,

One user required premium licence for a dataset to view maximum data in a visual (more data than row limit given by Pro licence) while rest of all workspaces are managed and refreshed by admin user with PBI Pro licence.

A workspace created for premium user and thing went well as per requirements and dataset published by signing in in with premium user.

Problem is setting dataset refreser for premium workspace. Rest of all datasets are refreshed by personal mode gateway signed in with admin ID (Pro licence); but premium workspace found no gateway.

Question is: How to set data refresher for premium workspace?

binerdy_0-1626680698822.png

premium workspace

binerdy_1-1626680799068.png

rest of workspaces

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
binerdy
Frequent Visitor

I resolved it finally.

The solution is to give access of premium workspace to admin user ( that is with pro licence). This will allow premium workspace to be managed by the admin and data source and refreshers are set by this user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
binerdy
Frequent Visitor

I resolved it finally.

The solution is to give access of premium workspace to admin user ( that is with pro licence). This will allow premium workspace to be managed by the admin and data source and refreshers are set by this user.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @binerdy 

As the image indicates you will need to create the data source in the Gateway settings in the Power BI Service.

here are more details on how to do this: Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello GilbertQ, Thanks for your response.

Actually gateway is already installed and signed in. All datasets managed by admin are refreshed by this gateway.

Problem is that there's no gateway configuration option when I sign in with premium user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors