Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Change whom gets access request emails

My boss and I shared a workspace which we are both owners of and this is where we publish our reports.  He started a report, published it, and has made updates, but now I own the report, but he still gets request emails for access.  How can we change it so the request emails come to me vs. him.      On the report, I am listed as an owner of the report.  

Is there a rule that it goes to the person whom last published it to the workspace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcastr02 ,

The documentation states that "By default the person who creates a new report or dashboard is the contact for it. If you set a value, it overrides the default."   So, publishing it again and again doesn't seem to affect the contact person. 

To change the contact there are instructions at this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-item-contact

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcastr02 ,

The documentation states that "By default the person who creates a new report or dashboard is the contact for it. If you set a value, it overrides the default."   So, publishing it again and again doesn't seem to affect the contact person. 

To change the contact there are instructions at this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-item-contact

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors