Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MARUI

Cannot get data from Power BI dataset to Excel

Im trying to connect to Power BI datasets from my excel desktop. I logged into Excel with the company account.

It is telling me Signin unsuccessful - general error. 

Here is screen .

JIETU.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MARUI 

So you can sign in Power BI Service with the company account , right ? Did you connect to Power BI Dataset in Excel normally before ? Do you have access to the dataset ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can sign in Power BI Service with the company account,but I haven't been able to connect to Power BI Dataset in Excel.I'm the administrator of the dataset.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@MARUI 
"Signin unsuccessful - general error" in Excel while connecting to Power BI, check your credentials, ensure a good internet connection, update Excel, and verify Power BI status by logging in to Power BI service directly . Clear cached credentials, check firewall settings.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Thanks for your reply, my excel is the latest version(version 2312), the network is normal, I can access PowerBI normally through the browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors