Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TopMRKG
Regular Visitor

Cannot add some user to On-premise data gateway

Hi all,

I created an on-premise data gateway (standard version) for my organization and would like to share the gateway with other users in a workspace. I found the error "Unable to share. Contact Microsoft support if the issue persists." with some users when I tried to grant permission (Figure 1). Does anyone have any idea to help me, please?

TopMRKG_2-1714359380765.png

Figure 1 Error image reference

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
Wikkleyn_81
Frequent Visitor

@TopMRKG I would suggest checking the user emails in Azure Entra ID to ensure firstly they do exist in AAD and you are using the correct email.

@Wikkleyn_81Hi, thank you for your help. I rechecked email and the user have exist email on Azure Entra ID but the result as same. I'm trying to contact Microsoft Support for now.

v-linyulu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@TopMRKG 

About your problem, my solution is as follows, I hope you can try one by one, if the following program failed to solve the problem, I hope you can provide more information, so that we can work together to solve the problem:

Based on the information you have provided, the most likely solution is:
The administrator may not have granted you permission to share the gateway, make sure you have sufficient permission to share the gateway.

Below are links to related documents:

Manage security roles | Microsoft Learn

If the above programs don't work, you can also try the following programs:

1.Upgrade to the latest version:

Make sure you are using a supported version of the Local Data Gateway. Microsoft actively supports only the last six versions of the gateway.

If you are experiencing problems with the version you are using, try upgrading to the latest version. Your problem may have been resolved in the latest version.

2.Make sure that the users you wish to share with are in your domain or have sufficient permissions.

You can try to share the administrator rights for that gateway with others and let them try to see if they can be shared to the users you want.

If the role you want to share to the user is Admin, you can try to set another role for him.

3.Network access and firewall settings:

Make sure the gateway is installed and running and that your network is working.

Check the firewall and network settings to make sure they do not prevent the gateway from accessing your server.

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-linyulu-msft 

Thank you for your help. I updated local data gateway to latest version and check network access but the result is same. My gateway permission is administrator. Do you know how to check error logs or error code for add users maybe they will show more detail?

Best Regards,

Hi,@TopMRKG 
My understanding is that you need to look at the error messages in the gateway logs:

1.My suggestion is that you can open the additional logs of the standard gateway, then perform the gateway add user role operation, and finally view the contents of the output export zip file to make it easier for you to check the error messages in the logs.
"Gateway Logging" provides a single file containing all gateway logs in a .zip compressed file format.

Enabling "Extra Logging" provides additional details in the log file, including duration information. This information helps to identify the cause of slow gateway response. Depending on the usage of the gateway, enabling this feature may significantly increase the log size. Therefore, we recommend that you do not leave this setting enabled for an extended period of time.

vlinyulumsft_0-1714713233127.png

2.Below are links to the relevant documentation:

Troubleshoot the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn
By doing so maybe they will show more detailed information,and I hope that my program will help you solve your problem. If there is still relevant progress, you are also welcome to communicate with me in a timely manner, and we will work together to solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors