Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Cannot See Workspace despite being added as a member

Hi everyone, 

I provisioned some Power BI licenses for our investors (who have external email addresses). Then I added them to the workspace. For example, see below. 

KatieFarrand12_0-1692095151600.png

However, he cannot see it on his profile.  Does anyone have any idea why this is?

KatieFarrand12_1-1692095197862.png

I have shared specific reports within the workspace and he can open those. But he needs to have access to the entire workspace. 

Thank you,

Katie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @edhans 

Thank you so much for the response! We acutally did add him as a guest in our azure tenant already; I will review that it was done correctly.  Is there anything else I could have missed?

And to answer your question - We have about 40 reports across our organisation, it is much more convenient for them to have 1 organised workspace to access anything they need. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey @edhans 

Thank you so much for the response! We acutally did add him as a guest in our azure tenant already; I will review that it was done correctly.  Is there anything else I could have missed?

And to answer your question - We have about 40 reports across our organisation, it is much more convenient for them to have 1 organised workspace to access anything they need. 

You want to create a workspace app and share that. You NEVER want to grant viewers access to a workspace directly. They only need content and the workspace app is designed for that. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

I believe you will need to add him to your tenant with an account. Guest access is designed for sharing content via reports URLs or better yet, Apps. But not the underlying workspace itself.

Curious - what is it this person needs in the workspace besides the report content? If he needs access to a dataset or multiple datasets, you can share those and he will see them in Power BI in the shared dataset section when he opens up the Power BI Dataset connector. Share B2B datasets with external guest users (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors