Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot Delete Migrated AAS to PBI Workspace

Hello community!

I have an issue in which I have an empty workspace in the Service which will not delete when I ask it to. Fortunately, I was able to track down the owner, and got him to delete the AAS Migration which caused the creation of the workspace. However, I am still not able to delete the workspace and now am getting an "UnknownError" instead of the specific error I was getting before, "AASMigration_ActiveMigrationExists".

Microsoft, what is causing this?

jengwt_0-1714413031824.png

jengwt_0-1714413491426.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Update: apparently this may have been caused by an issue with my browser cache, or something, remembering that the workspace existed even thought it was actually deleted. When the user (a contractor with admin rights (don't hate the playa, hate the game)) called me to inform me that he had deleted the AAS Migration and the workspace was ready to be deleted, the above was the error I got despite the fact that I had to navigate to the workspace to attempt to delete it.

However, this morning we touched base and he said that he had deleted the workspace in question at the time we had had the meeting yesterday, which is not how I remember it, but would certainly seem to explain the error I got, and that I am no longer seeing that workspace today.

So maybe now the question is, am I crazy, or am I remembering what was said correctly and something else has since changed? Whose truth is true? How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Update: apparently this may have been caused by an issue with my browser cache, or something, remembering that the workspace existed even thought it was actually deleted. When the user (a contractor with admin rights (don't hate the playa, hate the game)) called me to inform me that he had deleted the AAS Migration and the workspace was ready to be deleted, the above was the error I got despite the fact that I had to navigate to the workspace to attempt to delete it.

However, this morning we touched base and he said that he had deleted the workspace in question at the time we had had the meeting yesterday, which is not how I remember it, but would certainly seem to explain the error I got, and that I am no longer seeing that workspace today.

So maybe now the question is, am I crazy, or am I remembering what was said correctly and something else has since changed? Whose truth is true? How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jengwt 

Can you confirm that all the items in the workspace have been deleted. Then once that is done try and remove the workspace?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Sorry, I had forgotten to mention in the OP that we had cleared out the workspaced some time ago, but that what was preventing us from deleting it was the ghost AAS Migration. I have updated the OP for future reference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors