Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

niv_qrm
Frequent Visitor

Can the reports published by Power BI Premium Per User can be accessed by Power BI free users?

Hi,

I have searched but couldn't find any recent replies regarding this. I also checked with someone in Microsoft team but she didn't have a clear answer too.

I have Power BI Pro License and I am the only one using Power BI creating reports and sharing with my team. They all are Power BI Free users. Since they logged in first they all automatically got the trial version of Power BI Pro and they can access the reports as of now. But once the trial ends they get the message to upgrade to Pro version to access the reports. 

So my question is, if I get a Power BI Premium Per User account (20$ ) will my Free users be able to access the reports ? I have created seperate workspaces depending on the reports usage they just view and download the reports in excel. How does the small businesses use Power BI to share the reports and dashboards without breaking their pockets?

Thanks and regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Afraid the only way to let users with free licences view reports is if you have full premium capacity not just ppu.

I work in education so qualify for education pricing but premium capacity is outside of our budget so we issue those who need access their own pro licences.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You getting a PPU license doesn't help at all here. In fact, if you create a premium workspace with your PPU license, then even Pro users cannot view that particular workspace (only other PPU). See the documentation I link to in this thread.

Generally, small teams have to get Pro licenses for everyone who needs to use the Service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You getting a PPU license doesn't help at all here. In fact, if you create a premium workspace with your PPU license, then even Pro users cannot view that particular workspace (only other PPU). See the documentation I link to in this thread.

Generally, small teams have to get Pro licenses for everyone who needs to use the Service.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Afraid the only way to let users with free licences view reports is if you have full premium capacity not just ppu.

I work in education so qualify for education pricing but premium capacity is outside of our budget so we issue those who need access their own pro licences.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors