Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Simple_tuition1
Frequent Visitor

Can't use personal workspace because premium license seems to be expired

Hi,

my personal Workspace in Power BI Service seems to be connected to a premium license 

Simple_tuition1_0-1676623266140.png

This one seems to be expired and when I try to publish a report from PBI Desktop, it says that the capacity has been stopped. But I can't untick premium in the settings either, since its greyed out:

Simple_tuition1_1-1676623365424.png

Any idea how I can change the workspace to free? As far as I understand every user should be able to use a free limited personal workspace?

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Simple_tuition1 ,

When workspace is marked as a Premium Per Capacity workspace, it displays a diamond icon.

Personal workspaces are the My workspaces that every user has for their personal content. Power BI and capacity admins can designate a preferred capacity for My workspaces . By default, however, My workspace owners can still change the capacity assignment of their workspace.

Please confirm turn on the Users can reassign personal workspaces tenant setting(need Power BI Admin role).

For more details, you can read related document: Workspace admin settings - Power BI | Microsoft LearnConfigure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Simple_tuition1 ,

Does your organization have a premium capacity license?

Yes, they might have

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors