Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Elo4
Frequent Visitor

Can´t start the deployment

Hi all,

we are having again a problem within the deployment pipeline with our dataset.

This problem is happening from DEV to Test and then from TEST to PROD.

I could manage to solve it the last time by using the ALM Toolkit on Test and on PROD. When ALM didn´t work then I used Tabular Editor. But I would like to understand the problem as it is happening again.

I think it´s coming from a data source change in power query: we change the source of a query (table B instead of table A in snowflake). The query itself keeps the same name.

In the theorie it shoudn´t be a problem to change a source of a table and overwrite TEST with DEV but the pipeline is saying it will result in data loss and doesn´t let me continue the process.

pb pipeline c.jpg

After trying many time and using ALM/Tabular Editor, I couldn´t even see the PROD stage and compare.

pipeline broken c.jpg

I was wondering if someone had already the same problem and if it is really coming from a query source change and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not sure if this is applicable to Snowflake but in a SQL Server environment you can use views to shield Power BI from the data source name changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors