Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andrew_k
Frequent Visitor

Can't sign up to Power BI Service

Hi All

I am currently doing a Power BI Course on coursera.org.

I need to use Power BI Service to complete the course but the problem is that I don't have a Power BI Service Account. I am not part of any organisation or education establishment. I am doing the course independently.

All I have is my .hotmail.com email address but Power BI keeps asking for a work email address which I don't have.

How do I get a Power BI Service account if I only have a hotmail email address? Is it possible?

I've looked at lots of microsoft articles but I keep going round in circles.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
mohitkumawat
Super User
Super User

HI @andrew_k ,

Right ,So, even if you cancel your Power BI Pro trial after 30 days, you can still continue using Power BI Service with your "onmicrosoft.com" email address and access the core data visualization and reporting capabilities of Power BI Free or when Power BI 60 days trail expired.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the info. I have now signed up and they gave me a .onmicrosoft email account. I think it says that even if you cancel at the end of the free trial, which is now 30 days, you can carry on using Power BI Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors