Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nicolaipai

Can't create alerts due to Data Activator

I'm attempting to set up email-alerts from a card in a dashboard.
The Microsoft toturial says this should be possible for any published report with scheduled refresh: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-alerts 

The Data Activator preview from Fabric does however require my dashboard to be published in a Premium workspace to be able to save the alert. Are alerts now a premium functionality only? Or is there a workaround using ProSkjermbilde 2024-05-13 122118.png?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There is a detail here. If you are trying to build the alert from a report, then it uses data activator. The only way to build the alert you are checking at the docs is creating a "Dashboard" item content. Click on the three dots of the cards at the report and "Pin it to a dashbaord". Open the dashboard and that card will have a different menu for a set up of the alert.

Those alerts only work with dashboard content. I know dashboard is not a very clear name for the content and can create confusion with definitions with the report.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There is a detail here. If you are trying to build the alert from a report, then it uses data activator. The only way to build the alert you are checking at the docs is creating a "Dashboard" item content. Click on the three dots of the cards at the report and "Pin it to a dashbaord". Open the dashboard and that card will have a different menu for a set up of the alert.

Those alerts only work with dashboard content. I know dashboard is not a very clear name for the content and can create confusion with definitions with the report.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors