Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paras00
Regular Visitor

Can't able to connect with momgodb atlas database in power bi service

So guy,
i,m facing problem in powerbi service with making connecting with mongodb atlas live connection ,i already make a connection in powerbi desktop but after publist it on powerbi service my dataset is not taking credentials throughing error in it .
so basically i want to know following things-
1. it is a problem by powerbi or i only able to connect live when i have pro version(although i'm using free trail now)
2. is it is problem by mongodb ,if it is by mongodb so how to solve it .

Any solutions......?

Screenshot (30).png

3 REPLIES 3
BartoloIsmail
Frequent Visitor

Copy data activity on microsoft fabric and mongodbAtlas problem connection
yesterday

I'm trying to utilize the new MongoDB Atlas connector in Data Pipelines/Copy Data, but have had no luck at all connecting to my MongoDB Atlas database. It seems to be a connectivity issue or something wrong with my connect string. Can anyone help with the proper format on setting up atlas as a source? 

>Connection to MongoDB server is timeout.
A timeout occurred after 30000ms selecting a server using CompositeServerSelector{ Selectors = MongoDB.Driver.MongoClient+AreSessionsSupportedServerSelector, LatencyLimitingServerSelector{ AllowedLatencyRange = 00:00:00.0150000 }, OperationsCountServerSelector }. Client view of cluster state is { ClusterId : "1", Type : "Unknown", State : "Disconnected", Servers : [], DnsMonitorException : "DnsClient.DnsResponseException: Query 24306 => _mongodb._tcp.clustermarket.clustermarket.yvfht.mongodb.net IN SRV on 169.254.0.1:53 timed out or is a transient error. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at DnsClient.DnsUdpMessageHandler.Query(IPEndPoint server, DnsRequestMessage request, TimeSpan timeout)
at DnsClient.LookupClient.ResolveQuery(IReadOnlyList`1 servers, DnsQuerySettings settings, DnsMessageHandler handler, DnsRequestMessage request, LookupClientAudit audit)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DnsClient.LookupClient.ResolveQuery(IReadOnlyList`1 servers, DnsQuerySettings settings, DnsMessageHandler handler, DnsRequestMessage request, LookupClientAudit audit)
at DnsClient.LookupClient.QueryInternal(DnsQuestion question, DnsQuerySettings queryOptions, IReadOnlyCollection`1 servers)
at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Misc.DnsClientWrapper.ResolveSrvRecords(String service, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Clusters.DnsMonitor.Monitor()" }.

Thanks for your support

BartoloIsmail_0-1715757571596.png

paras00
Regular Visitor

Thanks for replying ,
mongodb have access to all the networks or i havent find any settings yet can you tell me in a breif what to do in mongo for access a data in powerbi service

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @paras00 

Thanks for your detailed issue description and screenshot given, based on the current issue situation you met, you can successfully connect to the Mongo DB database in the PBI desktop but failed in the Power BI service, usually it's due to the firewall/network blocking from the different aspect that send the network request to connect to the database, becasue the PBI desktop is always using the local IP of your PC to send the request, but the PBI service's IP used to send the request to access the database is random and dynamic based on your Power BI service backend region, so you may need to first check with your Mongo DB admin that if there's any network blocking from the Microsoft's IP sent in the corresponding timestamp. and try to whitelist them.

If we can make sure there's no any network blocking from the Microsoft's IP sent in the corresponding timestamp, we may also try to use the ODBC connector to connect to the Mongo DB connector also and try if this can help you achieve the connection:
Download Atlas SQL ODBC Driver | MongoDB

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors