Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mtt712
Regular Visitor

Can not deploy a usage metrics report to other evironment (UAT, PROD) from DEV environment

Hello, y'all 

I am currently a Data Analyst who is working in a project-based company. I have created a customized version of usage metric reports in the workspace within DEV environment. However, when working with our Dev-ops team members, we could not deploy it to another environment (UAT, PROD) as other reports/ dashboards. Do we have a solution for this or an alternative approach? Is this feature of Power BI services/ pipelines? 

Thank you in advance. 

Monitor report usage metrics: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-usage-metrics#create-a-copy-of-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mtt712 

Those metric reports are specific to their workspace

aj1973_0-1704734386474.png

If you want to build a report to view activity logs through out all workspaces then you need a different approach by using Power BI REST APIs to build your semantic model.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mtt712 

Those metric reports are specific to their workspace

aj1973_0-1704734386474.png

If you want to build a report to view activity logs through out all workspaces then you need a different approach by using Power BI REST APIs to build your semantic model.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi AJ,

I know that the usage metrics reports are workspace-specific, but there is a field in it that looks across all workspaces: Model Measures -> Display strings -> Rank string. This shows us that the semantic model does somehow understand reports that exist in other workspaces within the organization, but it does not store them at any other level that I can find. Since I cannot find any definitions online of how they've created these measures, do you know of any way to see how this is being accomplished and maybe even to force it to show other workspaces (without using APIs)?

I'm guessing we'd have to put these in as a feature request (along with more than a month of data)

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pwe_cec 

The other way to see metrics of all Workspaces is you need to be Power BI Admin of the Tenant and use other services like 

aj1973_0-1704908469797.png

Or Azure Log Analytics.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Thank you for answering. Think I might have to read about the Power BI Rest APIs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors