Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pavankumar1972
Regular Visitor

Can anyone suggest us less cost of Power BI for 3 Pro users, 50 viewing users for 400 GB space?

Hi 

Can anyone suggest us which will be less cost of Power BI for 3 Pro users, 50 viewing users for 400 GB space?

Regards

B Pavan Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. That confirms that Greg and I are correct. PPU would be the cheapest way to build this.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. What is the 400gb you are saying? because I really don't think that's the size of a model (tabular compression is very good and that's the maximum limit of a AAS)

Anyway, if you have models bigger than 1gb you need capacity. I'll asume you need. That means you have three ways: Premium (with pro for devs), Analysis Services (with pro for all) or Premium per User.

I think the cheapest for this scenario is the last one. PPU or premium per user costs 20usd for each user. That means 1,400 USD on monthly basis. It has a almost all premium features including scaling large datasets. At first it looks close to the first AAS S1 (25gb ram), but you still need pro license for devs in that scenario.

NOTE: Remember that Premium per user content (workspace flagged as PPU) can only be shared with people with PPU. That means the 70 members should have the same licence even if they are viewers.

I hope that helps, usually the cheapest is on Pro (10usd monthly) but if you need storage for big models (more that 1gb) you need to consider those.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi

Thank you for the details. Let me provide more details to get the correct estimation.

Please see below for the details.

• Developers/Publishing : 3
  • Only Viewing : 80
  • Data Storage Capacity : 500 GB
  • Data Model Capacity : 50 GB

Regards

B Pavan Kumar

Yes. That confirms that Greg and I are correct. PPU would be the cheapest way to build this.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@pavankumar1972 Well, 53 Pro licenses would give you a tota of 530 GB of space but that would be spread out between all users. Power BI Premium Per User should let you have workspaces that are larger and potentially 400GB or more. Total tenant capacity for PPU is 100 TB. Solved: Premium per User license - Model size & Workspace ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

So, I would say PPU at $20/user/month * 53 users = $1,060/month.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi

Thank you for the details. Let me provide more details to get the correct estimation.

Please see below for the details.

• Developers/Publishing : 3
  • Only Viewing : 80
  • Data Storage Capacity : 500 GB
  • Data Model Capacity : 50 GB

Regards

B Pavan Kumar

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors